Eurocom launches Sky X9E VR ready "desktop laptop"
Last week, Eurocom unleashed the "fully upgradeable, high performance, VR ready desktop laptop" closely related to its Sky X9 behemoth. Dubbed Sky X9E, this new machine focuses on delivering the best performance in its class and the hardware options available to choose from are impressive, including the Intel Core i7-6700K processor from the Skylake family or the NVIDIA GTX 980M SLI setup. These two options alone require more than 400 W of power, so the "desktop laptop" label is clearly not misplaced.
These are some of the options available when configuring the Eurocom Sky X9E:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6700, Intel Core i5-6600K, Intel Core i7-6700K
- Memory/Storage: 16 GB to 64 GB DDR4; up to 4 drives, 2XSATA and 2x M.2 PCIe, RAID 0/1/5/10
- Display: 17.3-inch non-glare full HD or 17.3-inch IPS 4K
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 980 (desktop) or 2XNVIDIA GTX 980M
- Connectivity: 2XRJ-45 Killer E2400+M,2 WLAN/Bluetooth, 6-in-1 card reader, 1XUSB 3.1/Thunderbolt 3, 3XUSB 3.0, 2XminiDP 1.2, HDMI 2.0
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
- Weight/Dimensions: 10.6 pounds; 16.85X12.12X1.77 inches
The Sky X9E also features a 7-color customizable backlit illuminated keyboard. The highlights of this machine also include Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 audio with two built-in ONKYO speakers and subwoofer, fingerprint and Kensington Lock TPM 2.0 security, and much more. Depending on the options chosen, the price of such a monster could easily go beyond $4,000 USD.