Aorus to ship X7 Pro with GTX 970M SLI for $2599
Nvidia let the cat out of the bag this week with the imminent reveal of the high-end GTX 980M and 970M mobile GPUs and along with them came a slew of gaming notebook announcements and updates sporting Nvidia's latest including MSI, Digital Storm, and Maingear.
Now we can add Aorus to the list, though unlike the examples above, this manufacturer will be sporting double the GPUs. The updated Aorus X7 Pro will sport GTX 970M in SLI and will still maintain Maxwell features like DSR and MFAA. The manufacturer boasts a 3DMark 11 score of over 14000 points in stretch mode, which is in the ballpark of our tested GTX 780M SLI under the same testing conditions. The press release makes no mention of Battery Boost, however, so we don't expect runtimes to be impressive with or without Nvidia's latest power-saving feature.
The 17.3-inch slim notebook will continue to ship with a 1080p IPS display with no announcement of QHD options. With that said, the model can output to three monitors simultaneously via Nvidia Surround for a total resolution of up to 5760 x 1080 pixels for titles that support it.
The Aorus X7 Pro will be available before the end of this month for a starting price of $2599 USD. As usual, expect our full review soon after. In the meantime the full press release and specifications can be seen below.
- CPU: Core i7-4870HQ
- Display: 17.3-inch 1080p IPS
- RAM: Up to 8 GB DDR3L, 4 slots (max. 32 GB)
- GPU: GTX 970M SLI
- Storage: Quadruple-Storage System mSATA up to 512 GB 3 slots, 1x 2.5-inch SATA III
- Connectivity: Killer LAN, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, 3x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, HDMI, mini-Display Port, Surround port, d-sub, SD card reader, mic-in, SPDIF
- Battery: Li-Ion 73.26 Whr
- Dimensions: 428 x 305 x 22.9 mm
- Weight: 3 kg