Android Nougat usage continues to rise
About a year ago, Android Marshmallow was still struggling to get out of the 10-percent area of the market. Now, this Android version leads the market, and the one-year-old Nougat is finally above the 10 percent mark. Google's latest Android usage stats also show that Android Lollipop refuses to fade away, controlling more than 30 percent of the market.
These are the Android usage figures for the 7-day period ending on July 6, according to Google:
- Jelly Bean - 8.1 percent (0.7 percent down since June)
- KitKat - 17.1 percent (1 percent down)
- Lollipop - 30.1 percent (0.7 percent down)
- Marshmallow - 31.8 percent (0.6 percent growth)
- Nougat - 11.5 percent (2 percent growth)
With a tiny market share of 0.7 percent each and a 0.1 percent drop since June, Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich still show up in Google's pie chart. After being stuck three months in a row at 31.2 percent, Marshmallow goes up a bit. At last, Lollipop is still strong, having lost its domination earlier this year.