Acer releases a touchscreen Chromebook for only $299
Not so long after revealing its $199 Chromebook featuring an Intel Celeron processor from the Haswell family and a 16 GB SSD Acer delivers another excellent Chrome OS-based portable for budget conscious users, but this time with a touchscreen and a larger SSD. "The Acer C720 Chromebook line has been praised for its performance and battery life, and this new touchscreen model allows us to address the needs of an even wider range of customers with exciting new capabilities." says Arif Maskatia, CTO for Acer.
The C720P Touch Chromebook weighs only 2.98 pounds and provides the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron 2955U with Intel HD Graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB DDR3; 32 GB SSD and up to 100 GB of Google Drive cloud space (free for the first two years after purchase)
- Display: 11.6-inch anti-glare ComfyView HD with 1,366X768 pixels and multitouch capabilities
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 1XUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0, HDMI, Bluetooth, digital media card reader
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Dimensions: 11.34X8.03X0.78 inches
- Autonomy: up to 7.5 hours
According to Acer's press release, the C720P Touch Chromebook can boot in only 7 seconds and resume from sleep "quick" but without mentioning any details about actual performance in this case.
The new Acer C720 Touch will only be available in Granite Gray and has been already listed on Amazon for $299.99 with free shipping, thus providing best value in its class (Google's Chromebook Pixel starts at $1,299, for example). According to Acer, it will arrive "in early December" on Amazon, Best Buy and the Acer Store.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros