Samsung announces Chromebook 2 Series with Exynos 5 Octa processors
Samsung has just announced the Chromebook 2 series which consists of two models, a 11.6-inch model and one with a 13.3-inch Full HD screen. Both machines feature Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processors and allow their users "to enjoy vibrant visuals for work, teaching and learning, and entertainment." According to NPD, Samsung led the Chromebook sales in the US in 2013 with a market share of over 60 percent.
These are the technical specs of the two Samsung Chromebook 2 portables in this family:
- Processor: 1.9 GHz/2.1 GHz Exynos 5 Octa
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB DDR3L; 16 GB eMMC iNAND embedded flash drive and microSD support
- Display: 11.6-inch with 1,366X768 pixels/13.3-inch with 1,920X1,080 pixels, LED technology
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: 1XHDMI, 1XUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0, headphone and mic combo
- Operating system: Google Chrome
- Battery life: up to 8 hours/up to 8.5 hours
- Weight/Dimensions: 2.43 pounds; 11.40X8.06X0.66 inches/3.09 pounds; 12.72X8.80X0.65 inches
- Colors: Jet Black, Classic White/Luminous Titan Gray
Samsung revealed that both Chromebook 2 laptops will be available from April at $319.99 (11.6 inch) and $399.99 (13.3 inch). For more details, please check the press release below.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros