ZTE unveils Nubia Z9 Mini and Z9 Max smartphones
ZTE unveiled today two new Android handsets at a special press event that took place in Beijing. The Nubia Z9 Mini and Nubia Z9 Max feature metal-frame designs with glass rear panels, but they are not identical twins. While the Mini has a 5-inch display and specs for buyers on a lower budget, the 5.5-inch Max comes with more powerful specs and a price to match.
These are the specs of the ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini and Nubia Z9 Max:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 - Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB - 3 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support for both
- Display: 5-inch - 5.5-inch, both with 1080p resolution
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP rear (both, but only 1080p video recording for Mini and 4K for Max)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Nubia UI 2.8
- Battery: 2,900 mAh
The prices of these handsets on the Chinese market are about $240 USD for the Z9 Mini while the larger Z9 Max hits the $400 USD mark. It is not known yet if they will reach the US or yet, but we will get back to them as soon as we hear about it.