ZTE Imperial II hits US Cellular
A recent ZTE survey reveals "consumers want more phone screen for their money" and the company decided to meet their demands by unleashing a 5-inch handset with 4G LTE connectivity for a very attractive price. ZTE Imperial II is now available from US Cellular for free when tied to a two-year contract or unlocked, for just $100 USD. "Not only does the phone have one of the biggest and brightest screens in its price class, it also has a better user experience with features such as LTE and a quad-core processor you won’t find in similar devices," says Lixin Cheng, chairman and CEO of ZTE USA.
ZTE Imperial II comes with the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5-inch IPS 5-point multitouch with 960X540 pixels
- Cameras: 1 MP front, 5 MP back with LED Flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.32 pounds; 5.6X2.8X0.4 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2300 mAh (removable); up to 15 hours talk time and 296 hours standby
This handset follows the line of no-contract devices that ZTE launched last year, next to the successful Grand XMAX and Warp Sync. According to the official press release, "The Imperial II allows ZTE to continue its leadership in the no-contract market and pioneering the standards of feature-rich smartphones that are affordably priced."