Xiaomi resumes closed beta MIUI 12 testing as it brings Android 11 to the Mi CC9 Pro, Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 Pro
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
English-Chinese-Translator - Details here
Xiaomi has resumed its weekly beta program, following the end of the National Day holidays. One of the first devices to benefit from the resumption of beta testing is tucana, the codename for the Mi CC9 Pro, Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 Pro. The update, called 20.10.14, can be run on any of those devices, although only the Chinese branch of MIUI can participate in Xiaomi's beta program.
However, you could flash 20.10.14 via TWRP if you fancy a taste of Android 11 before it reaches the Mi CC9, Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 Pro. You must have unlocked your device's bootloader before you can flash TWRP; you can apply to unlock your handset here. 20.10.14 can be downloaded from Xiaomi's servers should you wish to try it out, but please note that it is a 2.9 GB download.
According to Xiaomi & MIUI News, Xiaomi has not only brought Android 11 to tucana, but also a heap of improvements to the Mi Browser. We have included these changes below, for reference. It may be a few months before Xiaomi brings Android 11 to the Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 Pro, though. It took Xiaomi until May before it upgraded the two devices to Android 10, and August before the global edition received MIUI 12. The Mi CC9 Pro received Android 10 and MIUI 12 first, so Xiaomi will likely upgrade it to Android 11 before the Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 Pro, too. Overall, it is encouraging to see Xiaomi continuing to develop MIUI for a one-off device like Tucana, as it has treated other devices like the Mi Mix 3 5G poorly in terms of software support.
- The new multi-window page, newly closed module, can easily restore the previously closed web page.
- The web video player has been reworked. Under most web pages, it can support 0.75~3 times speed playback, video download, and screen projection.
- The history functions such as horizontal and vertical view of window pages are offline.
- Simplified the bookmarking operation, and moved "Add to Desktop" to "Menu-Toolbox".
- Brand new search start page, add bookmarks and frequently visited modules, search and access bookmarks can be operated on the same page, which is more convenient.