Xiaomi Redmi 2A purportedly caught on fire during a call
One man's smartphone has literally gone up in flames.
During a phone call on his Xiaomi Redmi 2A with his wife, the caller began noticing erratic sounds from the unusually warm phone. Shortly thereafter, a burning smell became increasingly more powerful before he threw his Redmi 2A on the tile floor of the bathroom.
The owner claims that he bought the Xiaomi smartphone just a month prior to the accident. He says sparks from flying out from the device and this immediately caught the attention of the Xiaomi support staff, who directed the incident to company headquarters.
As can be seen in the pictures, the Redmi 2A battery had indeed caught on fire and charred various parts of the smartphone. The floor and nearby walls were damaged in the fire as well. Fortunately, the caller suffered from no burns during the event. Exactly how much financial damage the incident caused or how Xiaomi plans to compensate the owner remain unresolved as of this writing.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros