MWC 2016 | Xiaomi Mi 5 now official
Xiaomi has unveiled today the long-awaited Mi 5, a new flagship that matches the specs of its direct competitors from Sony, Samsung, or LG, but for almost half the price. Starting at $305 USD, Xiaomi will come in no less than three variants and will hit the Chinese market starting March 1st, then reaching India at a date that will be announced in the meantime.
These are the main specs and features of the Xiaomi Mi 5:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB or 4 GB LPDDR4; 32 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB UFS 2.0
- Display: 5.15-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 4 MP front, 16 MP Sony IMX298 with 4-axis OIS on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth, fingerprint sensor, IR port, USB Type-C
- Operating system: Android Marshmallow with MIUI 7 on top
- Battery: 3000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 (non-removable)
- Colors: white, gold, black
According to its makers, the Xiaomi Mi 5 scored an impressive 142,084 points in Antutu 6.0.4. The editions available in China and their prices are these: 3 GB RAM/32 GB storage/$305 USD, 4 GB RAM/64 GB storage/$350 USD, 4 GB RAM/128 GB storage/$410 USD. The high-end variant also has a ceramic back, while the other two use a glass cover.
Unfortunately, Europe and the Americas will not get the Xiaomi Mi 5 too soon via official channels. However, we will get back to it as soon as that happens, so stay tuned.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros