Xiaomi intros Redmi 3 Pro smartphone
Xiaomi introduced the Redmi 3 in early 2016, offering a generous 4100 mAh battery and a processor with eight cores. The Redmi 3 is an excellent low-cost choice, selling for less than $110 USD. Now the company announces an improved version with more memory, storage, and a fingerprint reader. Dubbed Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro, this new handset will be slightly more expensive but still priced low for its specs - about $138 USD.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro has the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC with Adreno 405 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with MIUI 7 on top
- Battery: 4100 mAh
- Colors: gold, fashion dark grey, white, classic gold
The handset will be available for purchase in China in early April. Since Xiaomi devices usually reach most markets around the world via various Chinese online stores, this will surely happen with the Redmi 3 Pro as well.