Windows 10 May update (version 1903) rolls out
A new generous update for Windows 10 is here, although many of those reading will probably have to wait for at least a few days until the new pieces of code will reach them. The May 2019 update has the version number 1903 and comes with quite a few changes that nobody should miss.
Without further ado, here's what to look for in your Windows 10 once the update has been completed:
- The ability to pause updates for up to 35 days.
- The "reserved storage" feature.
- Windows Sandbox that runs potentially dangerous software in a controlled and secure environment.
- An easier-to-understand default Start menu.
- Cortana is now separated from Search.
- The new unified Search box.
- Support for viewing the display of an Android phone on a PC, as well as syncing its notifications to the PC's desktop.
Those who think that the above is not enough and hope to get more from the next feature update might be disappointed. According to ZDNet's insiders, the Fall update will come without the changes one would expect from such an important OS refresh.
The Windows 10 May update is rolling out to all users, but many still need to be patient. The new software comes in waves, so if there is no update notification available yet, check back in a few hours. Just for the record, those who are not on version 1809 yet should not worry about installing it first, because the Windows 10 feature updates are cumulative.
If you already received the update, please go ahead and tell us what you think about its highlights.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros