Toshiba announces Portege A30-C, Tecra A40-C, and Tecra A50-C notebooks
Toshiba has revealed its latest lineup for the business-class Portege and Tecra series for a launch in early 2016. The new models range from the 13.3-inch Portege A30-C to the 14-inch Tecra A40-C and 15.6-inch Tecra A50-C. All models can be equipped with matte HD or FHD panels.
As a key feature for the refresh, Toshiba has focused on usability and compatibility between all of its notebooks. Consequently, the new Portege and Tecra models utilize the same docking connector and can share the same docking accessories. The notebooks have been tested to resist drops up to a certain height and offer protection again splashing liquids. Depending on the configuration, the notebooks can also be equipped with a fingerprint sensor, Trusted Mobile Platform (TPM) 2.01, and integrated Smart Card reader.
Skylake will be standard amongst the models as expected. The manufacturer promises a full refund or free repairs should the unit become damaged within its first year of warranty.
Key specifications for Portege A30-C, Tecra A40-C, and Tecra A50-C include:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro (pre-installed) with Windows 10 Pro DVD
- Processor: Up to Intel Core i7 vPro Skylake
- RAM: Up to 16 GB DDR3L RAM
- Graphics: Up to Intel HD Graphics 520
- Hard Drive: Up to 1 TB HDD (5400 RPM) or up to 256 GB M.2 SATA SSD
- Display: Portégé A30-C (13.3") matte HD (1366 x 768) or IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080), 300 cd/m² | Tecra A40-C (14") and Tecra A50-C (15.6"), matte HD (1366 x 768) or Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 300 cd/m²
- Connectivity: 3x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x RGB, 1x SD reader, 1x GBit-LAN, Intel WiDi, Intel Dualband Wireless-AC 8260, LTE, Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera: Full HD, dual microphone
- Dimensions: Portégé A30-C 316 x 229 x 18.2 - 22.4 mm / As low as 1.39 kg | Tecra A40-C 340 x 244.1 x 23.8 mm / As low as 1.8 kg | Tecra A50-C 379 x 258 x 23.3 mm / As low as 2 kg
- Colors: Portégé A30-C in Black | Tecra A40-C and Tecra A50-C in Silver