Sharp Aquos Crystal hits the US via Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Sprint today becomes the exclusive carrier of the Sharp Aquos Crystal smartphone, together with its prepaid brands Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile. According to the official press release, this is "a monumental step in the Sprint and SoftBank merger" but, although pricing has been announced already, the availability of the device on the US market "will be announced at a later date."
These are the detailed specs of the Aquos Crystal:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 1.5 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch frameless LCD touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels and 294 ppi
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB 2.0
- Cameras: 1.2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Audio: Harman Kardon-enhanced (LiveStage and Clari-Fi) and HD voice technology
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Dimensions/Weight: 5.16X2.6X0.40 inches; 0.31 pounds
- Battery: lithium-ion 2,040 mAh
While the handset's colors are black, pink, blue and white, Sprint only announced the availability of the white and black versions in the beginning.
Sharp Aquos Crystal has a MSRP of $239.99 USD but can also be purchased as part of various plans, such as Sprint Easy Pay (24 monthly payments of $10 USD, but service plan required). We will get back to this attractive handset as soon as its exact availability is announced.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros