Samsung launches the Galaxy Tab A (2017) tablet
Samsung just refreshed the Galaxy Tab A lineup with a 2017 model that is designed to be the most family-friendly tablet yet. The new Tab A comes with an 8-inch 1280 x 800 IPS display, and it is powered by the quad-core Snapdragon 425 SoC with an Adreno 308 GPU, coupled with 2 GB of RAM. It features 32 GB of internal storage, which can be extended through microSD cards up to 256 GB. The tablet runs Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box.
Also included are the rear 8 MP camera with LED flash and autofocus, plus the 5 MP front camera for selfies. Both cameras can shoot clips in [email protected] fps, apply HDR effects and detect faces. The 5,000 mAh battery provides up to 153 h of music playtime, or up to 14 h of movie watching. Weighing only 12.84 oz, the tablet can easily be handled by children.
Additionally, Samsung provides exclusive services so the entire family can enjoy the tablet:
• Kids Mode comes with over 5,000 games and movies from LEGO Group
• Samsung Kids offers educational games, books and movies, with US$100 worth of premium content
• Game Launcher brings an enhanced gaming experience and allows users to play without interruption
• Three free months of YouTube Red
• extended parental controls
The Galaxy Tab A (2017) will be available starting November 1 in silver and black for US$229.99.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros