Samsung Pay celebrates its third anniversary, now available in six continents
Three years ago, on August 20, South Korea became the launch market for Samsung's mobile payment platform, namely Samsung Pay. Moving to the present day, the following figures should say it all: 24 markets across six continents, around 2,000 banking and financial partners, more than 1.3 billion transactions made so far.
According to Samsung's President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications, DJ Koh, "Since we launched Samsung Pay three years ago, we have been dedicated to delivering a mobile wallet platform that is simple, secure and works almost anywhere. We have been expanding its availability and forming strategic partnerships in each market to meet the unique needs of their users."
In addition to the above, DJ Koh also highlighted the following Samsung Pay-related facts:
- online payments are available in 15 markets
- transit cards support is present in 5 markets
- 20 markets offer support for loyalty and membership cards
- ATM transactions are available in 5 markets
- Pay Planner helps users spend wisely by tracking their transaction history and analyzing their consumption patterns in the UAE and South Korea
Bixby integration is also present in most markets, but all the features that can be used by a Samsung Pay user in a certain location may also depend on the limitations of the market, device, and carrier used.
Have you ever used Samsung Pay? Let us know what you think about this service in the comments below.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros