Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets with Super AMOLED display to hit the US market in July
After a long period spent in the rumor mill, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet with Super AMOLED display is now finally official. Expected to be available on the US market as soon as next month, the Galaxy Tab S comes in two sizes - 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch - and the official press release reveals this is "Samsung’s thinnest and lightest tablet with WQXGA (2560×1600, 16:10) Super AMOLED display."
Except the screen size and dimensions most specs of the two Samsung Galaxy Tab S variants are similar, as you can see below:
- Processor: Exynos 5 Octa or Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16 GB or 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 8.4-inch or 10.5-inch WQXGA Super AMOLED with 2,560X1,600 pixels
- Cameras: 2.1 MP front, 8 MP with Flash LED on the back
- Connectivity: 3G, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, IrLED, GPS with GLONASS and Beidou support
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Battery: 4,900 mAh (8.4-inch) or 7,900 mAh (10.5-inch)
These tablets come with a generous package of gifts, including a 12-month subscription to Bloomberg Businessweek+, 50 GB of Dropbox storage for 2 years, Evernote Premium for 1 year, various free games and more.
The 8.4-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S will have a base price of $399 USD, while the larger one will start $100 USD higher. They will hit the US next month - first the 3G versions, with 4G LTE-enabled ones expected shortly after. For more details, please check the press release below.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros