Samsung Galaxy Folder successor coming next month
Although not as popular as a decade ago, it seems the clamshell phone still has some years ahead, although it is now a niche product. LG has just announced such a handset, dubbed G Gentle, and Samsung now answers with a new Galaxy device, namely Galaxy Folder. This is not the first Samsung clamshell phone to launch using this name, as the last one is less than two years old.
The new Samsung Galaxy Folder comes with the following specs and features:
- Processor: not specified
- Memory/Storage: not specified; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 3.8-inch internal touchscreen, unknown resolution
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Operating system: Android, apparently KitKat
- Battery: 1800 mAh
Last year's Galaxy Folder was loaded with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and had 2 GB of memory, so this year's model might even come loaded with Lollipop. The new Galaxy Folder will hit the South Korean market next month for around $250 USD (unlocked) in dark blue and white. Unfortunately, it may not reach any other market, but that remains to be seen.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros