Google unveils Android 5.0 Lollipop
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
German-English-Translator - Details here
Google Android L finally has a name, and we are not talking about rumors this time. Sundar Pichai announced "the sweetest Android release yet" on the Official Google Blog earlier today, next to a triad of Nexus devices that will ship loaded with Android 5.0 Lollipop in November - Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and Nexus Player.
Android 5.0 Lollipop comes after the following sweets: Angel Cake (1.0), Battenberg (1.1), Cupcake (1.5), Donut (1.6), Eclair (2.0), Froyo (2.2), Gingerbread (2.3), Honeycomb (3.0), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), Jelly Bean (4.1) and the current version, Android 4.4 KitKat. The new version brings these highlights:
- Material design: realistic shadows and lighting, support for natural motion
- Notifications: answer to messages from lock screen and other enhancements
- Performance: the first version with support for 64-bit processors, including ARM, x86, MIPS-based, next to the NVIDIA Tegra K1 powering the new Nexus 9 slate
- Improved battery life
- Device sharing: multiple accounts on smartphones as well
- Sharing between devices
- Android TV: Android 5.0 with an interface optimized for TVs
In addition to the above, Android 5.0 Lollipop also offers reduced audio latency, as well as support for OpenGL ES 3.1 graphics and HEVC video for ultra HD 4K 10-bit video playback. For more information, please check the official blog post.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros