Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo finally up for pre-order
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo is an improved version of the previous-gen Galaxy S5 flagship. Although early rumors claimed it will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC, it is now listed by a trustworthy online shop in the Netherlands as powered by Samsung's Exynos 7580 chip. Most other features and specs are the same as those of its predecessor, as we are going to see right away.
The model listed by belsimpel.nl is known as Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903F:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7580 with Mali-T720 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5.1-inch Super AMOLED multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 16 MP back
- Connectivity: Cat. 6 LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Colors: black, gold, silver
The handset has been IP67-certified for protection from the elements and has the same weight and dimensions as the Galaxy S5, possibly using exactly the same case. In addition to the new processor, it packs faster LTE and improved cameras.
The price listed for pre-orders is €429 EUR, which currently converts to about $515 USD. Shipments are expected to begin at the end of August.