Samsung 960 PRO and 960 EVO SSDs coming next month
Samsung Electronics has just unveiled two new V-NAND-based solid state drives for the consumer market. Simply dubbed Samsung 960 PRO and 960 EVO, these drives use the M.2 form factor and provide "powerful performance, endurance and capacity topped with all new and more robust Samsung Magician software package."
These are the highlights of the two new drives:
- Capacity: 250 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB (both), 2 TB (only 960 PRO)
- Sequential read speed: up to 3,200 MB/s (960 EVO), 3,500 MB/s (960 PRO)
- Sequential write speed: up to 1,900 MB/s (960 EVO), 2,100 MB/s (960 PRO)
- Random read speed: up to 380,000 IOPS (960 EVO), 440,000 IOPS (960 PRO)
- Random write speed: up to 360,000 IOPS (both)
- Samsung features: Dynamic Thermal Guard, Intelligent TurboWrite
- Warranty: Three-year limited warranty up to 400 TBW for 1 TB capacity (960 EVO), Five-year limited warranty up to 1.2 Petabytes for 2 TB capacity (960 PRO)
The starting manufacturer suggested retail prices are $129.99 USD and $329.99 USD (250 GB versions of the 960 EVO and the 960 PRO). Both drives are expected to hit the market in October.
Comment on this article
In my early school days, I hated writing and having to make up stories. A decade later, I started to enjoy it. Since then, I published a few offline articles and then I moved to the online space, where I contributed to major websites that are still present online as of 2021 such as Softpedia, Brothersoft, Download3000, but I also wrote for multiple blogs that have disappeared over the years. I've been riding with the Notebookcheck crew since 2013 and I am not planning to leave it anytime soon. In love with good mechanical keyboards, vinyl and tape sound, but also smartphones, streaming services, and digital art.