QNAP announces AMD-powered TS-563 Turbo NAS
QNAP Systems unveiled a few days ago a new 5-bay Turbo NAS with optional 10 GbE connectivity, SSD cache acceleration, virtual machine support and hardware-accelerated encryption. The new TS-563 Turbo NAS is powered by a quad-core AMD G-series processor and packs up to 16 GB of memory, being able to operate multiple Android, Windows, and Linux/UNIX virtual machines.
QNAP TS-563 Turbo NAS has the following highlights:
- Processor: 2 GHz AMD G-series quad-core
- Memory: 2 GB or 8 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM, expandable to 16GB
- Storage: 5 bays for 2.5-inch/3.5-inch SATA 6 Gbps HDDs or SSDs
- Connectivity: 5XUSB 3.0, 2XGigabit LAN, 1XPCIe slot for adding optional 10 GbE or 1 GbE LAN ports
- Maximum sequential read throughput: 1,506 MB/s with 2X10 GbE connectivity
- Encryption: AES-NI hardware engine with sequential read performance of over 1,421 MB/s with AES-256 bit full volume encryption
This NAS can connect up to two QNAP expansion enclosures, thus expanding the total capacity up to 21 drives (168 TB total raw capacity when using 8 TB drives).
QNAP TS-563 will be available "in several weeks" in two variants - TS-563-2G (1X2 GB RAM) and TS-563-8G (1X8 GB RAM). QNAP is present these days at Computex Taipei 2015, where the TS-563 can be seen at Stand J0118.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros