QNAP launches TS-251C Turbo NAS
QNAP Systems announced yesterday the release of a new 2-bay compact NAS aimed at home users. The TS-251C Turbo NAS features real-time/offline Full HD video transcoding, DLNA streaming, AirPlay, Chromecast and Plex Media Server, HDMI out with XBMC, as well as the ability to run various apps for storage, sharing, and backup.
According to QNAP product manager Jason Hsu, this NAS "is the ideal choice for users to quickly create a secure personal space for file storage, backup, synchronization and multimedia." In addition to the features mentioned above, its highlights also include the following:
- Processor: 2.41 GHz Intel Celeron
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB DDR3L RAM; 512 MB flash memory, two 3.5-inch drives (not included)
- Read/write speeds: up to 112 MB/s (even with full NAS encryption setup enabled)
- Connectivity: 2XUSB 2.0, 1XUSB 3.0, Gigabit LAN, IR sensor, HDMI 1.4a 1080p
- LED indicators: power, status, LAN, USB, HDD1, HDD2
- Weight/Dimensions: 2.07 pounds; 6.65X3.35X8.6 inches
The QNAP TS-251C Turbo NAS uses 15.71 W of power under typical conditions, but only 0.7 W in S3 sleep mode and 7.38 W in HDD sleep mode. It is powered by an external 60 W adapter and should be already up for sale, although the official product page shows no price and Amazon only has the very similar TS-251, currently priced around $330 USD. Feel free to check the press release for more details.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros