OnePlus One smartphone with CyanogenMod coming in the second quarter
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
OnePlus is a young company that was founded only months ago and now they are already planning to take the world by storm with the One smartphone that promises to deliver quite a few novelties. For example, the company claims that its 5.5-inch Full HD handset is located under a Sony Xperia Z1 in an image that apparently shows only the Xperia and nothing more.
If a 5.5-inch display in a 5-inch frame is not enough, it is worth mentioning that OnePlus One will come loaded with CyanogenMod, certified by Google and with 2 years of full support.
These are the specs of the handset confirmed or at least rumored on the official forum until now:
- Processor: quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: unknown; 16 GB and 64 GB versions rumored, but not confirmed
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD JDI screen with Touch On Lens modules, 1,920X1,080 pixels and 400 ppi
- Camera: 13 MP back camera, not confirmed
- Connectivity: single SIM with LTE support and more, but none confirmed yet
- Operating system/Software: CyanogenMod
- Battery: 3,100 mAh (non-removable) with "Mystery Tech" optimization software
The handset could cost between $300 and $500, but pricing has not been confirmed yet. The OnePlus One will be unveiled on March 16 and should hit the markets in the second quarter, so we will get back to it soon.