Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 coming on April 2
Back in December 2018, Microsoft released the first preview of the upcoming Visual Studio 2019. Now, this popular product already has an official launch date: April 2. The launch will not be a soft one since Microsoft is planning to provide a day full of events that starts with a one-hour keynote, followed by live-streamed sessions with Q&A that is scheduled to last until 4 PM. The day will end with a Virtual Attendee Party sponsored by various partners.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 will hit the market packing the following changes:
- A new start screen that works with Git repositories.
- One-click code cleanup and integrated pull requests.
- The Search function available in debug windows.
- Cross platform C++, .NET Core 3 Preview, as well as Docker and Kubernetes support.
- AI-powered code completion and real-time collaboration.
In addition to the launch event mentioned in the beginning, there are also various local events — 34 confirmed so far — that will take place starting in late March. For the entire list, you should check this page. The full agenda and speaker list are not complete yet, so we might get back to this topic in the coming weeks as more details will become public.