Microsoft Flight Simulator hits 2 million users
Although Windows has been Microsoft's flagship product for over three decades, the truth is that Microsoft Flight Simulator has been around for even longer. With a history of 38 years, the game is 3 years older than the world's most popular operating system for desktop and laptop computers. The latest iteration, with a name that goes back to the basics (Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 was released in 1982, and there was also a title for Macs simply called Microsoft Flight Simulator which arrived 4 years later).
Earlier today, Jorg Neumann, the Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator, unveiled that the latest creation of his team "is the fastest to grow to over 2 million pilots." He also added that this was the biggest game launch in the history of Xbox Game Pass for PC. In addition to the number of pilots, the list of interesting Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)-related data unveiled today includes the following:
- Metacritic score of 91 after 66 reviews.
- More than 50,000,000 flights and 3,500,000,000 miles flown (19 round trips to the Sun).
- No less than 72% of our planet visited, calculated by 10 x 10 km tiles.
- 7,000 pilots who have visited Asobo's office and 4,300 who visited Microsoft's.
- Over 9,700,000 in-game hours watched on Twitch.
In addition to the above, we should also mention that New York is the most popular destination in the game so far and that Microsoft Flight Simulator will hit the Xbox Series X | S in the Summer of 2021. However, a trailer for the console version is already live on YouTube and you can also enjoy it below.