Lenovo finalizes user-made Moto Z Mod concepts
Lenovo has turned to a new comedic commercial as shown below to advertise its accessory-driven Moto Z smartphone, but the manufacturer is staying true to its word of honoring a competition announced last year to gather user-made concepts for potential Moto Mod production.
The "Transform the Smartphone" challenge drew over 700 contestants across 55 countries to submit unique Moto Mod ideas and concepts for a grand prize of $1 million USD. The final 12 are as listed below and will be further narrowed through crowdfunding campaigns. Readers can vote with their wallets for the best or most practical Moto Mod.
Our full review on the Moto Z can be found here. It was one of the first major smartphones to ship without the ubiquitous 3.5 mm headphone jack and is subsequently extremely thin at just under 5.2 mm. It is one of our most highest-rated phones due in part to its light chassis, bright AMOLED display, and fast performance. Existing Moto Mod accessories include more powerful speakers, secondary batteries, and even a mini projector.
- Edge - Notifications Mod
- Linc - Walkie Talkie concept
- Smart Z Wallet - Wallet on a phone
- The Ultimate Moto Z Mod with Wireless Charging
- Mico - Solar Panel Moto Mod
- InstruMod - Measuring instrument
- The Palm - Smart Home automation
- Ear Mods - Integrated wired headphones
- Euromod - Modular synthesizer
- Z Sterilizer - Anti-bacterial mod
- Digital Recorder - High-end audio recorder
- Modulator - Walkie Talkie concept
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros