Honor MagicBook 14 2022: AMD Ryzen 6000 models launch following Intel Alder Lake release
Honor has introduced new MagicBook Pro variants, still dubbed the MagicBook 14 2022. While all models measure 307.51 x 227.56 x 16.9 mm, including the older Intel Alder Lake SKUs, their weight varies between 1.54 kg and 1.58 kg, depending on the model. Also, all configurations have 4.9 mm-wide display bezels, which surround a 3:2 and 14-inch display.
According to Honor, the panel outputs at 2,160 x 1,440 pixels with 300 nits of peak brightness and a 1,500:1 typical contrast ratio. Additionally, the 185 PPI display is TUV Rheinland low blue light certified and relies on a 75 Wh battery that only takes 1:20 hours to recharge from 0-100%.
Now, the MagicBook 14 2022 can be configured with the Ryzen 5 6600H or the Ryzen 7 6800H, two Zen 3+ APUs that feature the Radeon 660M and Radeon 680M, respectively. According to our database, the Radeon 680M only falls a few per cent short of the GeForce MX550. However, the GeForce RTX 2050 is significantly more powerful than the Radeon 680M, or the Radeon 660M in the Ryzen 5 6600H.
Unfortunately, Honor has not confirmed when it plans to launch the MagicBook 14 2022 outside China. Typically, the company takes a few months to do so. For context, the laptop costs as follows in Honor's home market. Incidentally, we have included Intel models for comparison, which launched in May.
- AMD Ryzen 5 6600H/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM/512 GB SSD - CNY 5,199 (~US$768)
- AMD Ryzen 7 6800H/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM/512 GB SSD - CNY 5,699 (~US$842)
- Intel Core i5-12500H/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM/512 GB SSD - CNY 5,499 (~US$813)
- Intel Core i7-12650H/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM/512 GB SSD - CNY 5,699 (~US$842)
- Intel Core i5-12500H/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM/512 GB SSD/GeForce MX550 - CNY 5,999 (~US$887)
- Intel Core i5-12500H/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM/512 GB SSD/GeForce RTX 2050 - CNY 6,499 (~US$961)