Garmin claims to fix Strava issue on Epix 2, Fenix 7 and Quatix 7 series smartwatches with latest Beta Program update
Garmin has started rolling out new updates to Epix 2, Fenix 7 and Quatix 7 series smartwatches enrolled on its Beta Program. To recap, a month has passed since Garmin released Beta version 9.33, which the company subsequently issued as a stable update for all eligible smartwatches. Seemingly, Alpha version 9.35 is the beginning of more public beta testing ahead of another stable update before winter rolls in.
Unlike earlier Alpha updates, Alpha version 9.35 only contains bug fixes and no new features. Also, the update changes just the software version, with no changes made to GPS, sensor hub, touchscreen or wireless versions. For reference, Garmin has made the following changes from version 9.33:
- Fixed issue causing increased battery drain when using large Strava segments.
- Fixed issue that could cause inaccuracies in the reported primary benefit for Training Effect.
- Fixed issue causing Golf to sometimes not advance to the next hole automatically.
- Fixed issue where long activities were causing the watch to behave poorly.
- Fixed potential inaccuracies in the Race Time Predictions.
Currently, the new software update is only available via Garmin's forum post. According to Garmin, Quatix AMOLED owners should use the Epix copy of Alpha version 9.35. Alternatively, the regular Fenix 7 software should be applied to a Quatix 7 model. You can find Garmin's full download guide and update warnings in the same forum post.