EMUI 11 expected features published ahead of September unveiling for Huawei's Android 11-based OS
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
EMUI 11 is fast approaching, and some expected features have been published on the Huawei Community. Huawei's is expected to start shipping its next OS with the Mate 40 series, although it has confirmed that it will be "giving new updates" about EMUI 11 in September at its Developer Conference 2020. The path for future EMUI updates has not been a straightforward one of late with the expansion of US trade sanctions against Huawei and the expiration of Huawei's temporary general licence with Google. However, Huawei has committed to delivering Android updates for older handsets, and even those with Google Play Services.
There has been talk of Huawei basing EMUI 11 on HarmonyOS, but the company's insistence that Google Mobile Services (GMS) will continue to work on devices like the P30 Pro suggests otherwise. Huawei continues to refer to HarmonyOS and EMUI 11 separately, so it would seem that it is keen on keeping the two OSes separate, at least for the time being.
The list below has been published by a moderator of the Huawei Community, meaning that it is not necessarily official. Equally, we doubt that the list is complete either, but it should give an idea of what is it come with EMUI 11. Going off past releases of EMUI, EMUI 11 will not start reaching many handsets until early 2021.
- Improved GPU Turbo - probably and updated version or further performance updates.
- Improved One-handed mode - better operation even with one-hand navigation/use.
- Improved Gestures - gesture controls have been very useful between EMUI 10 and 10.1, further enhancements should bring more functionality and ease of use for most users.
- Improved Dark Mode - dark mode currently has a limited feature set. Can only be switched On and Off with app compatibility. An ALL APPS and SETTINGS dark mode would make it really interesting.
- Easy File-Sharing - Huawei's ONE HOP, Huawei share and multi-screen collaboration are great additions since EMUI 10. File Sharing to more Huawei devices and even none-Huawei devices should make for a great update.
- Improved Security - everybody wants a secure device. Huawei is making sure this is further improved and that we users get top security when using our Huawei devices.
- An improved airplane mode - the system/phone will check whether Bluetooth is in use and will not turn the radio off when switching to airplane mode.