Details about the Galaxy Note 8's specs have been leaked
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Evan Blass is at it again, this time revealing the specs for the upcoming Note 8. The details have been provided by a person who has been "briefed on the Note 8's final configuration." This is according to Venture Beat, who first reported on this latest leak.
What can you expect from Samsung's comeback attempt at a Note handset? Here's a quick rundown of the specs:
- 6.3-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 2960 by 1440 display resolution (18.5:9 aspect ratio)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor in the US; Samsung Exynos 8895 elsewhere
- 6 GB of RAM
- 64 GB of internal storage, expandable with a micro SD card
- Two 12-megapixel rear-facing, or main, cameras
- One 8-megapixel front-facing, or selfie, camera
- 3,300 mAh battery capable of fast charging, rechargeable wirelessly or with USB-C cable
- Dimensions: 162.5mm by 74.6mm; 8.5mm thickness
Although the Note 8 has two main cameras with the same resolution, they are different. The primary camera has a wide-angle lens while the other has a telephoto lens—for a narrower field of view—and 2x optical zoom. Like the primary rear camera, the selfie camera has an f/1.7 aperture.
Previous leaks had shown that the Note 8 looks strikingly similar to the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. As Venture Beat notes, one of the main differences is in the Note 8's screen, which features somewhat more squared corners. Another difference is in the arrangement of the rear cameras and sensors. Otherwise, the three devices are as physically alike as can be.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is expected to start shipping next month. Pre-orders will surely be open before then, and the European version of the Note 8 is expected to cost close to €1000 (well over US $1,000). Two colors will be initially available, Maple Gold and Midnight Black; Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue colors will launch later.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros