Dell Venue 10 7040 spotted on GFXBench
Next to the 8.4-inch tablet with OLED display and Intel RealSense 3D camera mentioned by Dell earlier this week, a new Dell Venue 10 tablet was also briefly shown at IDF 2014. Although its name suggests this is a 10-inch slate, a GFXBench entry reveals that this may be in fact a 6-inch Android slate with an impressive screen resolution and a new processor by Intel that features PowerVR graphics.
These are the key specs and features uncovered by the GFXBench entry for the Dell Venue 10 7040 tablet:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel with PowerVR Rogue Hood graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB; 16 GB internal storage (9 GB shown on GFXBench, most likely this is the free space)
- Display: 6-inch multitouch with 2,560X1,600 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back with autofocus and face detection - both with Full HD video shooting
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Dell Venue 10 7040 will not feature NFC, compass or barometer, but will pack a light sensor, GPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. Nothing is official yet, so this tablet or convertible may not be a 6-inch device after all, especially given its screen resolution and the fact that it does not appear to have a SIM slot.
Take all the above with a grain of salt for now, but be sure we will get back to this topic as soon as new information shows up.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros