CES 2016 | Casio announces the WSD-F10 smart outdoor watch
Casio is well known for its watches, and now the company's first smart timepiece is finally out - the WSD-F10 smart outdoor watch has been unveiled in Las Vegas, at this year's CES global consumer electronics and consumer technology tradeshow. This smart connected wearable runs Android Wear and has been built to military standard specifications.
Casio WSD-F10 has the following specs and features:
- Resistance/durability certifications: 5 ATM water resistance and MIL-STD-810
- Display: 1.32-inch dual layer TFT capacitive touchscreen with 320X300 pixels
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1 LE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Sensors: pressure, accelerometer, gyro, magnetic compass
- Operating system: Android Wear
- Battery: lithium-ion, 2 hours from drained to full charge; over one day of autonomy while using connected features, up to a month in timekeeping mode
- Compatibility: Android 4.3 or later, as well as at least iPhone 5 with iOS 8.2 or later
This smartwatch offers support for multiple apps, including ViewRanger for trekking, Runkeeper, or the weather app MyRadar. As previously announced, this wearable should hit the market in March, so pricing information should become available by then.