Casio unveils WSD-F20 smart outdoor watch
Not long after the first smart timepiece of this iconic brand, dubbed WSD-F10, the second "smart outdoor watch" by Casio is finally out. Simply called WSD-F20, the new smartwatch is similar to its predecessor, but also provides low-power GPS with GLONASS and Michibiki support, as well as color map functionality "that can be used offline to expand the range of outdoor adventures."
Casio WSD-F20 has the following specs and features:
- Resistance/durability certifications: 50-meter water resistance and MIL-STD-810
- Display: 1.32-inch dual layer TFT capacitive touchscreen with 320X300 pixels and anti-fouling coating
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1 LE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Sensors: pressure, accelerometer, gyro, magnetic compass
- Operating system: Android Wear 2.0
- Battery: lithium-ion with magnetic charging terminal (2 hours required for a full charge); roughly one day of autonomy while using connected features and up to a month in timekeeping mode only
- Compatibility: Android 4.3 or later, as well as at least iPhone 5 with iOS 9.0 or later
In addition to the above, this rugged smartwatch has a water-resistant microphone and offers support for multiple apps. It can download color maps for offline use, thus allowing its user to increase the autonomy available on a single charge without losing the ability to view a map of the surroundings. The list of supported apps includes ViewRanger, MyRadar, YAMAP, and more.
Casio WSD-F20 will be available in orange or black and is scheduled to hit the market on April 21. There is no information about its price for now, but it should not be much more expensive than its $500 USD predecessor.