Garmin is one of the most popular brands when it comes to GPS and navigation devices, but they have been present on the wearable market for a while as well. After the recent luxury smartwatch known as Fenix Chronos and the well-known Fenix 3 Sapphire multi-sport watches, the company unveils three new watches at CES - the Fenix 5, Fenix 5S, and Fenix 5X.
The highlights of the new Fenix smart wearables are similar since they are all rugged multisport GPS watches with basic connected features included as well. All of them feature GPS with GLONASS support, heart rate monitoring, a 3-axis compass, and more. The Garmin Fenix 5S was even named as an Innovation Awards Honoree in the wearable technologies category at CES.
The sizes of these watches are 42 mm (Fenix 5S), 47 mm (Fenix 5), and 51 mm (Fenix 5S Sapphire). The prices are $599.99 USD for the Fenix 5 and 5X, while the Fenix 5S and Fenix 5S Sapphire both carry a price tag of $699.99 USD, although the later comes with an extra silicone QuickFit band and scratch-resistant sapphire lens.
- Garmin tactix Charlie GPS watch now official, coming next quarter News @ 03/09/2018
- Garmin Vivofit 4 now official News @ 12/27/2017
- IFA 2017 | Garmin Vivoactive 3 smartwatch now official News @ 09/01/2017
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 takes design cues from other smartwatches in leaked photos News @ 08/09/2017
- Garmin Quatix 5 marine GPS smartwatch coming next month News @ 05/11/2017
- Polar M430 GPS running watch now official News @ 04/07/2017
- Garmin Forerunner 935 sport watch now official News @ 03/29/2017
- Garmin Vivosmart 3 coming soon News @ 03/13/2017
- CES 2017 | Misfit introduces Vapor touchscreen smartwatch News @ 01/05/2017
- Casio unveils WSD-F20 smart outdoor watch News @ 01/05/2017
- ZTE to launch its first Android Wear smartwatch later this year News @ 01/05/2017
- CES 2017 | First Android Wear smartwatch by Swarovski coming in March News @ 01/04/2017
- Casio WSD-F10 now available for purchase News @ 03/26/2016