IFA 2015 | CAT unveils S30 rugged smartphone
Cat Phones unveiled the S50 last year while the S40 went on sale last month. Now that handset already has a slightly improved successor, namely the Cat S30. This new rugged smartphone is slightly smaller, uses the same processor, but has slightly weaker specs overall. Fortunately, it will also retail for a much smaller price than the Cat S40.
Cat S30 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8909 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4.5-inch Super Bright TN TFT with 480X854 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP rear
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, micro USB, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery/Autonomy: non-removable lithium-ion 3000 mAh; up to 18 hours talk time and up to 39 days standby
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.4 pounds; 5.58X2.86X0.52 inches
Just like its more expensive predecessor, Cat S30 features both wet-finger tracking and glove-on working technology and has been certified as compliant with both IP68 and MIL-SPEC 810G protection standards.
Cat S30 will hit the market later this month for about $365 USD, but the price may depend on carrier and market. For more details, please check the press release below.