Alcatel GO PLAY now available for purchase
While most recent flagships come with protection from water and other hazards, affordable, rugged handsets are also quite popular. After all, there is no point in buying a cheap handset for the kids if it cannot handle at least some splashes and the occasional drops and bumps. Alcatel GO PLAY is an affordable Android smartphone with fair specs that carries the IP67 certification and can be acquired for $199.99 USD directly from its maker's website.
Alcatel GO PLAY has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage (12 GB available for the user) and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5-inch multitouch capacitive TFT with 1,280X720 pixels and 294 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with WiFi Direct and hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.33 pounds; 5.64X2.89X0.36 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2500 mAh (embedded); 8.3 hours 4G talk time and up to 500 hours 2G standby
This handset is only available in dark grey and, although it is IP67-certified for protection from dust, water, and shocks, it also comes bundled with a free ruggedized case (color choices for the case are blue, red, black, and green). Alcatel has the smartphone in stock and the $199.99 USD price also includes free shipping.