Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL coming next week
Alcatel OneTouch unveiled this week a new affordable Android handset, namely the 5.5-inch Fierce XL. This cheap 4G LTE smartphone will hit Metro PCS stores and MetroPCS.com on November 2 while T-Mobile will add it to its portfolio this winter. Although this is a low-end device, it comes with a few attractive features, such as Polaroid camera mode and enhanced Google Translate.
Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL has the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Battery/Autonomy: 2500 mAh; up to 12 hours talk time and 360 hours in standby mode
The Polaroid camera mode mentioned earlier "allows users to instantly apply easy-to-use filters, borders – including the Polaroid Classic Border Logo - and date/location/text tags to their photos." At last, the enhanced Google Translate features allow users to translate to/from no less than 89 languages "by speaking, writing or scanning with the Fierce XL camera."
The standard retail price of the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL smartphone is $139 USD. For more details, please check the press release below.