Motorola Droid Turbo 2 hits Verizon tomorrow
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Next to the localized version of the Moto X Play known as Moto Droid Maxx 2, Motorola brings another Verizon-exclusive handset to the US tomorrow, namely the Droid Turbo 2. This handset has been in the rumor mill for a while and now it is finally official. Its main highlight is the high-resolution 5.4-inch screen protected by Moto ShatterShield - "the world’s first shatterproof display."
Motorola Droid Turbo 2 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC with Adreno 430 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 2 TB
- Display: 5.4-inch POLED Quad HD multitouch with 2,560X1,440 pixels, 540 ppi, shatterproof
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 21 MP with dual LED flash and phase-detect autofocus on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, infrared,
- Operating system: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3760 mAh with Qi and Powermat wireless charging
- Colors: multiple Moto Maker options, black and white soft grip, gray ballistic nylon, black pebbled leather
Motorola promises up to 48 hours battery life and claims that TurboPower charging can give 13 hours of autonomy to the Droid Turbo 2 in only 15 minutes. The buyers of the 64 GB version with a design refresh on Moto Maker can choose a free redesign within two years of the purchase.
Verizon Wireless will sell the 32 GB Droid Turbo 2 for $624 USD, or $720 USD for the 64 GB variant with Moto Maker customization.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros