CAT S50c hits Verizon
Next to construction vehicles, CAT has been always known for its rugged phones. Although the CAT S50c is an update of the CAT S50, a handset that has been released back in late 2014, its performance is still far behind today's flagships. However, the CAT S50c is not a handset aimed at customers who value performance and looks before anything else, targeting professionals in need of a reliable device that can withstand drops, shocks, dust, and water.
CAT S50c has the following technical specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4.7-inch TFT multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back with autofocus
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Battery: 2630 mAh
This handset can easily handle drops from up to more than 4 feet, dust, water, and extreme temperatures. CAT S50c is compliant with IP67 and MIL-SPEC 810G standards. Those interested can only get it in silver finish from Verizon Wireless, its price being $399.99 USD.