Asus PadFone Mini is now official
The rumors have been confirmed and Asus revealed the PadFone Mini in Taiwan as a cheaper alternative to the PadFone Infinity. The specs and features have been pushed down a bit to match the price, but the Asus PadFone Mini surely remains a tempting device at roughly $405 off-contract (for the Taiwanese market).
These are the technical specs of the Asus PadFone Mini, now official:
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon MSM8226
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB DDR3; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4.3-inch with 960X540 pixels (phone) and 7-inch with 1,280X800 pixels (tablet), both Super IPS screens
- Cameras: 8 MP with autofocus and LED flash primary, 2 MP secondary
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, micro USB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Batteries: 1,500 mAh (phone) and 2,200 mAh (tablet)
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.23 pounds and 5.09X2.58X0.34 inches (phone); 0.68 pounds and 7.83X4.72X0.46-0.7 inches (tablet)
This new PadFone will be available in Titanium Black, Platinum White and Soft Pink and will soon be released in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Russia. Unfortunately, it is not known yet if it will reach the United States.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: