Apple prices its longest Thunderbolt 4 Pro cable option at a premium
The new 10-foot (3m) Thunderbolt 4 Pro cable length should suffice for most any project as far as desk arrangements go, as long as Apple customers don't mind paying US$16 a foot.
The six-foot (1.8m) Thunderbolt 4 Pro cable option is priced at US$129, so adding all that extra length comes at a lesser price per foot than before.
Still, it's quite expensive as cables go, but Apple has tried to soothe the pricing pains by equipping its new Thunderbolt 4 Pro cable with all the premium features of its shorter siblings:
- Braided design
- Connect to Thunderbolt (USB-C) and USB devices and displays
- Transfer data at up to 40Gb/s
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer at up to 10Gb/s
- DisplayPort video output (HBR3)
- Up to 100 watts of power delivery
The new 10-foot Thunderbolt 4 Pro cable is compatible with Apple's Studio Display, Pro Display, iPad and Mac, and you can daisy-chain a number of Thunderbolt devices around it.