Amazon Prime gained 4 million users in just one week
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Although some of those who plan their Christmas properly buy most presents to take advantage of the Black Friday deals or even long before that, the holiday season is usually the strongest time of the year for both online and offline retailers. Amazon, for example, managed to reach new highs in this year's holiday season, as revealed by the company's latest press release.
According to the press release mentioned above, more than four million people trialed Prime in one week alone, while the Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were the first two to-selling products across all categories on Amazon. The highlights of Amazon's 2017 holiday shopping spree also include the following:
- Alexa users on the East Coast asked to play 2.5x as much music when compared to the West Coast
- Alexa turned on the holiday lights more than one million times
- Amazon sold over 1,400 electronics every second
- the mobile app was used 70 percent more than the previous year
- 4x as much music streamed with Amazon Music on Alexa compared to last year
- most-watched show on Prime Video was The Grand Tour
Next to the above, the press release also highlighted a rather amusing statistic: "Amazon customers purchased enough littlebits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kits on Amazon.com to man an Imperial-II class Star Destroyer." In addition to it, there are quite a few other fun facts listed, but the truth beneath them all is that Amazon is dominating the online retail space and has no plans of dropping the crown anytime soon.