3 wireless headphones every fitness fanatic should try
1. SoundPEATS TrueFree+
Perhaps the best deal in tech when it comes to wireless headphones are the SoundPEATS TrueFree+ (US$29.99 on Amazon at the moment). These buds deliver surprisingly rich bass and nuanced mids at an unbeatable price.
- Very little audio distortion even at high volume.
- 35hrs. of listening time (with charging case).
- Binaural audio with dual mics for phone calls.
- IPX4 water resistance.
- No active noise cancellation.
- Only 3.5-4hrs. of listening time per charge.
- In-ear suction design may cause discomfort or fail to remain secure after long use periods.
- Micro USB charging case is so 2000-late.
2. Jabra Elite 3
Jabra brand headphones have gained notoriety in the fitness community for delivering a lot of bang for their buck. The Jabra Elite 3 buds (about US$75 on Amazon at the time of writing) are no exception. These sporty headphones offer active noise cancellation (ANC), rich sound, and dedicated shortcuts for Alexa and Spotify.
- Pass-through audio.
- Bluetooth 5.2
- 4-microphone array for clear phone calls.
- 7 hrs. of battery per charge.
- 2-year warranty against failure from dust and water.
- Static noise in standby mode.
- Quieter than most in-ear headphones at full volume.
- Charging case is barely pocketable.
3. Beats Fit Pro
The gold standard for true athletes looking for a secure fit, immersive sound, and best-in-class noise cancellation are Beats Fit Pro from Apple (currently US$199.95 on Amazon). These buds deliver low-latency sound with superb stereo separation and a balanced profile that most listeners will find agreeable.
- Malleable wingtip design ensures a firm fit.
- Spatial Audio, automatic device switching, and dynamic head tracking on iOS devices.
- IPX4 sweat and water resistant.
- Feature-rich Android companion app.
- 6 hr. battery life per charge is good but not great.
- Bulky charging case with a finicky bud-alignment design.
- Media control buttons are too sensitive.