ZTE Axon 7 is now official
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Last year's ZTE Axon finally got a successor, and it looks like the Axon 7 does not only live to the expectations, it even exceeds them. On the other hand, this premium handset with an all-metal design and a Snapdragon 820 processor under the hood still promises to start below $500 USD.
The most affordable version of the ZTE Axon 7 has the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED multitouch with 2,560X1,440 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 20 MP main camera with f/1.8 and OIS
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Android N update promised)
- Battery: 3250 mAh with QuickCharge 3.0 support
In addition to the above, the ZTE Axon 7 also packs a HiFi 24-bit/96 kHz DAC, and it can shoot 4K video at 30 fps, as well as 240 fps slow motion at 720p.
The 4 GB/64 GB variant is expected to cost only $450 USD while a top-of-the-line version with 6 GB/128 GB and a pressure-sensitive screen similar to Apple's 3D Touch will retail for $639 USD. Unfortunately, ZTE still has to announce the date when this handset is scheduled to hit the market.