Xiaomi launches the Mi Notebook Pro line with Intel's gen 8 CPUs
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
The Chinese company Xiaomi has unveiled their new Mi Notebook Pro line at the Mi MIX 2 and Mi Note 3 launch event earlier today. The new notebooks are powered by Intel’s 8th generation CPUs and come with a 15.6-inch display protected by 3rd generation Gorilla Glass. Memory specs go up to 16 GB DDR4-2400, while storage options include SSDs with capacities between 256 GB and 1 TB. All the variants also pack the MX150 GPU from Nvidia.
The Mi Notebook Pro is marketed as a serious alternative to Apple’s MacBook Pro. In this respect, Xiaomi has increased the keyboard area on the Mi Notebook Pro by 19% compared to the MacBook Pro. The darker aluminum chassis is quite thin, and Xiaomi had to design a new extra-large cooling system in order to prevent overheating.
Other features that come standard with all variants include:
• 3-in-1 SD card reader
• two USB Type-C ports
• HDMI port
• two USB 3.0 ports
• 3.5 mm headphone jack
• Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.x
• Harman Infinity custom-built speakers with Dolby Atmos certification
• backlit keyboard and trackpad with fingerprint sensor
• 60 Wh battery with quick charge support (charges 50% in 35 minutes)
• 14.2 x 9.59 x 0.62 inches size and 4.29 pounds weight
Xiaomi only revealed the price for 3 variants and mentioned these will only be available in China for the time being:
• Core i7/16GB RAM ~ US$1075 USD
• Core i7/8GB RAM ~ US$981 USD
• Core i5/8GB RAM ~ US$859 USD
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros