Xiaomi Redmi 2 gets updated
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Xiaomi launched the Redmi 2 smartphone earlier this month in China, targeting budget-conscious users looking for dual SIM/dual standby capability and 4G LTE connectivity in a handset that does not break the bank. While 1 GB of memory and 8 GB of storage is rather average for such budget smartphones, Xiaomi decided to update the handset and double the values of these specs.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 has now the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back with autofocus and LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with WiFi direct and hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 LE with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS, Beidou, and GLONASS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 KitKat with MIUI 6
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.29 pounds; 5.28X2.65X0.37 inches
- Battery: lithium-polymer 2200 mAh
The updated Xiaomi Redmi 2 will be available in white, black, yellow, pink, and green like the 1 GB RAM/8 GB storage version, but is expected to cost a bit more than its $112 USD sibling (current price in China). Unfortunately, its availability or price for Europe and the US are yet unknown.