Windows 11 Insider Preview Program: No Beta channel build today, Dev channel build has more known issues than fixes
The Windows 11 Insider Program is having a slow week this week, with just one new build for testers to pour-over. According to a Microsoft Software Engineer posting on Reddit, there will be no updated Beta channel build today; Microsoft has not explained why this is the case, though. There could be a chance that Microsoft releases another Beta channel build before the end of the week, but it has not always released new builds weekly.
Microsoft also warns that it will take a 'little while before major new features show up', albeit without stating when. Additionally, the company claims that Build 22458 contains 'a good set of improvements and bug fixes', even though its changelog suggests otherwise. Microsoft has added one new feature, a Tips app for Windows 11, which it does not include in its 'Changes and Improvements' list. The revised Tips app contains over 114 new tips and an updated design, for reference.
This week's changelog also notes that Windows 11 now contains sign-in options under the power menu on Start. However, this feature has been present since last week's update, Build 22454. Microsoft has addressed eleven bugs this week too, which are:
- Fixed an underlying issue that was impacting Start reliability.
- Folders with # in folder name can now be added to indexing.
- Addressed an issue that was causing Settings to crash sometimes when trying to open the Display page.
- Clicking "More about refresh rate" in Advanced Display Settings now opens the support page it's supposed to.
- Fixed an issue where the Location page in Settings wasn't showing warning text explaining why the location services setting was greyed out if it was greyed out.
- Changes made to preferences under Manage App Execution Alias in Settings should now be preserved.
- Fixed a couple typos in the output of dll (Issue #206).
- Mitigated an issue that could make certain games unexpectedly crash when using ALT + Enter (i.e., switch between full screen and windowed) during with Auto HDR enabled.
- Addressed an issue that was causing text truncation in the Encrypting File System window in certain cases.
- Fixed a rare scenario that could result in an uninstalled in-box app unexpectedly reappearing after reboot.
- Appx commandlets should now work with PowerShell 7.0+ printui.dll.