Two Star Wars Mobile handsets coming next month
Leading Japanese SoftBank has one big surprise for Star Wars fans. In fact, there are two surprises - the Star Wars Dark Side Edition smartphone and the Star Wars Light Side Edition handset. Both have the same specs, but the design and included themes are different.
The main specs and features of the Star Wars Mobile devices include the following:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5.3-inch full HD IGZO multitouch
- Cameras: 22.6 MP rear camera
- Operating system: Android Marshmallow
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Colors: white (Light Side), black (Dark Side)
In addition to the design, the Star Wars-related attributes of these handsets include live wallpapers, custom Android skins, themed alarm clock app, emojis, ringtones, as well as the pre-loaded Star Wars: Force Collection card game. Five exclusive metal figurines taken from Rogue One are also in the package. At last, the movie player app allows the owners of these handsets to watch The Force Awakens until 2020.
Unfortunately, it looks like only Japan will get these select smartphones. They can be already pre-ordered, and are scheduled to go on sale on December 2nd.