The 15.6-inch C523 is the largest Chromebook by Asus to date
Asus has just unveiled a new Chromebook that will definitely bring a lot of happiness and joy to those who are not crazy about compact laptops with 14-inch displays (or smaller). The Asus Chromebook C523 comes with both Intel Celeron and Pentium processor options (only one of each, unfortunately), a 180-degree hinge and support for an optional touchscreen.
With an 80 percent screen-to-body ratio, the Asus Chromebook C523 sports rather slim bezels. These are the hardware specs a potential buyer might want to know about:
- Intel Celeron N3350 or Intel Pentium N4200 processor
- 4 GB or 8 GB of memory
- 15.6-inch LED with 1,366 x 768 pixels or full HD anti-glare display (optional touch)
- 32 GB or 64 GB eMMC internal storage, as well as microSD and multi-format card support
- HD webcam
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0
- 3.5 mm audio jack, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-C (display and power delivery support)
- 2-cell Polymer battery that provides up to 10 hours of autonomy
The Asus Chromebook C523 weighs up to 3.7 pounds (battery included) and only comes with an aluminum silver finish. Since the official product page has been online since last week, the first listings of this product should go live soon as well. For now, there is no information about the pricing, but this Chrome OS-driven machine will probably start around the US$350 mark.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros